We at GOURMEY are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world. This begins with the iconic French delicacy foie gras, which we are reinventing at the crossroads of culinary arts and scientific perfection (watch this to learn more).
About the role
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated, and passionate Lab Assistant to join our team in Paris as soon as possible to continue a research career in a fast-paced R&D startup lab.
- You will support laboratory staff by tracking and ordering laboratory supplies, keep in touch with suppliers and process deliveries (invoice tracking).
- You will assist lab activities by ensuring
- clean and autoclaved glassware and lab coats available at all times,
- equipment inventory is up to date with corresponding data sheets ; planning maintenance, calibration and follow-up with customer services,
- You will support research activities by making sure that
- liquid and solid media/buffers are always available and autoclaved,
- hygiene and security guidelines and standards are respected by all and ensure proper training of newcomers,
- packages that need to be sent are properly handled.
- You hold a BSc in Life Sciences/Biotechnology, a BTEC in Biotechnology or equivalent
- You are familiar with hygiene and safety guidelines of laboratories of level 2
- You have an immense passion for the mission of GOURMEY and enthusiasm for applied research,You have strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative mindset and are willing to upskill on other areas of research,
- You have excellent abilities to communicate (both written and spoken in French and English),
- You want to work in an impact-driven startup, are a true team player and show a high level of positivity,
- You are a greatly rigourous, organized person and pay high attention to details,
- You are comfortable using digital tools (Slack, Airtable).
What we offer
- A competitive salary and participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan)
- Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast growing startup, building the future of food through cutting edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth
- A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs located in the very heart of Paris