Lab Technician – Cell Culture
We at GOURMEY are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world. This begins with the iconic French delicacy, foie gras, which we are reinventing at the crossroads of culinary arts and scientific perfection.
About the role
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated, and passionate Bioprocess Technician to join our bioprocessing team in Paris as soon as possible, to continue a research career in a fast-paced R&D startup lab.
Reporting to the Development & Industrialization support engineer, your missions will be as follows:
- Carry out development tests, and/or scale-up for industrialization: preparation of the tests (including drafting of the protocol), realization (including completion of the associated documents) and writing of the associated report.
- Carry out the operations of preparation of the culture media and / or solutions in accordance with the established documents.
- Take samples and analyze solutions.
- Conduct and monitor cell cultures according to established protocols.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the process.
- Detect, identify and escalate any malfunction or risk. Participate in incident analysis. Propose and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure the proper conduct of the experiment respecting the Quality and HSE instructions available.
- Maintain the equipment and the premises: participation in the monitoring of the equipment and premises, interventions on the equipment, maintenance in a state of cleanliness.
- Participate in the selection of equipment as well as its installation.
- Have the ability to ensure very punctually on-call duty to guarantee on weekends the optimal conditions for cell cultures if necessary.
- You hold a BSc/BTEC in Life Sciences or Biotechnology or equivalent.
- You ideally have a first experience (3 to 5 years) in conventional cell production (thawing/ freezing, maintenance of flask cells and/or bioreactors) on a biotechnology production site and/or in an R&D laboratory.
- You have an experience of culture of primary cells, ideally stem cells.
- Having a knowledge of the GMP rules would be a plus.
- You are familiar with the hygiene and safety guidelines of level 2 laboratories (BSL-2)
Experience in the following area is essential: eukaryotic cell adherent and/or suspension cultures ; culture media and buffers preparation and sterilization ; cell banking.
Experience in the following areas is a plus: stem cell culture, both feeder free and on feeder cells ; suspension cell culture.
- You have good communication abilities in French and/or English (written and spoken).
- You are an organized person who can keep a comprehensive and tidy laboratory notebook
- You are comfortable using digital tools (Slack, Airtable, eLab, Google suit, analytical tools)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan)
- Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast growing startup, building the future of food through cutting edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth
- A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs located in the very heart of Paris