Media & Analytical Development
We at GOURMEY are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world. This begins with the iconic French delicacy, foie gras, which we are reinventing at the crossroads of culinary arts and scientific perfection.
About the role
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated, and passionate Media & Analytical Development Scientist to join our team in Paris as soon as possible to continue a research career in a fast-paced R&D startup lab.
- Be responsible for developing the analytical platform in house for cell culture media
- Perform cell culture experiments with our in house stem cell lines
- Use analytical methods to assess the needs and requirements of cells as they undergo expansion and differentiation
- Be an integral part of the team as we look to get our product to market
- You hold a PhD in Life Sciences/Biotechnology, Chemical engineering/Bioprocessing
- Experience in the following area is essential: stem cell culture, media development, analytical chemistry
- You are passionate about GOURMEY’s mission and enthusiastic about applied research.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative mindset and are willing to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- You want to work in an impact-driven startup, are a true team player and show a high level of positivity and versatility
- You are a rigorous and organized person who pays attention to details, and can keep a comprehensive and tidy laboratory notebook
What we offer
- A competitive salary and participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan)
- Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast growing startup, building the future of food through cutting edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth
- A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs located in the very heart of Paris